OpenBlox (referred to as "we" and "our" and "us") understands and respects your
desire to maintain your privacy. It is our priority to maintain your privacy in all of your
dealings with us, including through your use of the RunBlox “Move and Earn” running app (“App”).
"Personal information" is data that identifies, relates to, describes, can be used to contact, or could
meaningful distinction between the terms "personal information" and "personal data".
You may choose not to provide some of the personal information described above. Please note, however, that
of our services require some personal information to operate, so if you choose not to provide the personal
information necessary to operate and provide you with a particular service or feature of that service, you
not be able to use that service or feature.
Information that you give us
We may collect your personal information directly from our contact with you. This may include you providing
information by completing forms or parts of our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or
applications, or by contacting us via email, telephone, through Social Media and other similar functions
directly through our website or the App or through third party host websites, in person, through various
marketing channels or competitions either directly through our website or the App or through third party
websites, and surveys.
You understand that any personal information that you provide to us must be accurate and up to date. We
assume this to be the case.
Information that we collect about you
not limited to web or internet based or mobile telephonic devices or medium such as facebook, twitter,
and LinkedIn which enable the creation and exchange of user generated content.
Our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications may
automatically collect the
following information about you each time you visit or otherwise use our website, Social Media, App and/or
software and/or mobile applications:
4. technical information including but not limited to the Internet Protocol Address used to connect your
to the internet, the internet browser and version that you are using when accessing our website, Social
App or other software and/or mobile applications, any additional plug-ins that you are using, and your
operating system and platform;
5. information about the time and date you accessed our website, Social Media, App or other software
mobile applications, and what you accessed on our website, Social Media, App or other software and/or mobile
applications. This includes links that you clicked on, what content you accessed, how long you accessed that
content for, whether you downloaded any content, whether supplied by us or downloaded from a third party
and how you navigated to and from our website, Social Media, App or other software and/or mobile
other sites, apps or other pages hosted by us.
Throughout the course of collecting your personal information, we may collect sensitive
information about you.
Sensitive information includes:
6. information or an opinion about your racial or ethnic origin; or political opinions; or membership of a
political association; or religious beliefs or affiliations; or philosophical beliefs; or membership of a
professional or trade association; or membership of a trade union; or sexual orientation or practices; or
criminal record that is also personal information; or
7. health information about an individual; or genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise
health information; or biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric
verification or biometric identification; or biometric template.
If we do collect any of your sensitive information, we will only collect it in accordance with Principle
the British Virgin Islands Privacy Principles. This means that we will only collect this information with
consent and for reasons that are reasonably necessary or otherwise related to the provision of our services.
Where you consent to our collection of your sensitive information, you also consent to us using that
information for the purpose/s for which it was collected, including its disclosure to third parties.
How we use your personal information
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to any of our related entities.
You consent to our collection of your personal information and disclosing it to third parties where
and for the purposes for which it was collected.
This may include:
8. providing our services;
9. verifying your physical movement and location;
10. investigating and/or preventing suspected fraud or other criminal activities or misuse of our services,
including the collection and disclosure of user location and movement data for purposes in connection with
our FU&CK (Fake User and Cheater Killer) System, including detailed user behavioural analysis for these
11. creating Marathon Leader boards of players, comprising all players or players meeting particular
12. operating the RunBlox Marketplace;
13. investigating disputes between players;
14. using your personal information to provide you with information that you have requested from us
15. communicate with you, including to inform you of updates to the App, Openblox and RunBlox websites,
16. authenticating your financial account information or processing the transfer of digital assets;
17. using your personal information for marketing purposes to provide or offer services to you. This
includes, but is not limited to, keeping you up to date with our latest news, events, special offers and
promotion of our brand or other similar products that we think that you may be interested in. This includes
both our direct marketing to you or another third party whom you have authorised us to disclose your
personal information to;
18. notifying you about any changes to our products, website, App and/or other software and/or mobile
applications, brand or services offered;
19. seeking your opinion and feedback on any of our services, including for the purposes of product
improvement and customization, website/software improvement and personalization and other general services;
20. for consumer engagement and/or customer service purposes, including but not limited to identifying the
effectiveness of advertising, allowing you to participate on website viral features such as sharing website
content and other community features (for example, blogs);
21. analysing the usage of, and improving our services;
22. for other general services such as website/software security, maintenance, identification of fraud or
errors, internal accounting and administration, and for any other purpose that we are required or permitted
to do by law; and
23. managing our relationships with you and our other customers.
Certain portions of your personal data may be shared with other players of the App as part of the normal
operation of our services. Additionally, we may, from time to time, expand or withdraw our business, which
may involve the transfer of certain of our divisions or assets to other parties, and the data we store and
use, where relevant, may be transferred to such third parties. From time to time we may also transfer the
data we store and use to locations outside British Virgin Islands, some of which may have different data
protection laws to the British Virgin Islands.
In addition we may utilise overseas IT services (including software, platforms and infrastructure), such as
data storage facilities or other IT infrastructure. In such cases, we may own or control such overseas
infrastructure or we may have entered into contractual arrangements with third party service providers to
assist us with providing our services to you.
As we utilize cross border IT services and platforms which can be accessed from various countries via an
internet connection, it is not always practicable to know where your information may be held.
Legal obligations to disclose
We may be required to disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and
also subject to our legal obligations:
24. as required by law;
25. to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of services;
26. on a confidential basis to our external service providers and advisors.
To be clear, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information to any of our business partners,
suppliers, subcontractors or the like, advertisers and other advertising networks, analytics and search engine
providers and other third parties provided the disclosure of your personal information is for the purpose or
ancillary to the services that we or these third parties offer you and for the purposes the information was
You understand that we are authorized to disclose your personal information to third parties if we buy or sell any business or assets, including our business, if we are under a duty to disclose your information, or if the disclosure of your personal information is necessary for us to conduct an investigation into any unlawful activity that we know or suspect has or may be engaged in.
You consent to the disclosure of all information necessary for our company to comply with any relevant reporting obligations (if any) pursuant to the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient of your personal information does not willingly or knowingly breach the British Virgin Islands Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information.
How we store your personal information
We maintain commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When your financial account or digital wallet information is being transmitted to our services or through our services, it will be protected by cryptographic protocols. We may use third party payment processors that are the controllers of your information. Our contracts with third parties that may receive your information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
However, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your information will always be secure or that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by us or our third party service providers. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access, or other causes beyond our control.
We will only keep your information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which your personal information was originally collected.
We will delete your information after a reasonable time. You may be required to re-enter your personal information if it has been deleted.
We will take all reasonable steps and precautions to ensure that any transmission of your personal information via the internet is secure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our website and you agree and acknowledge that any such transmissions are at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. This may include storing any information on a secure server and employing strict procedures and security features to protect your personal information from any unauthorised recipients and to prevent unauthorised access to the same. We may also store your personal information in physical form.
Collections of your information using cookies and other tracking technologies
Our website and/or App and/or other mobile applications use "cookies". Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser. These pieces of data will allow our website and/or App and/or other mobile applications to remember who you are and to obtain information from you which allows us to deliver you a better and more customised service.
We will use both persistent cookies, which could remain on your device until their expiration (which can be, in some cases, up to 10 years), and session cookies, which are temporary files removed from your device once your browser is closed.
The types of cookies we may use include analytical and tracking cookies, which allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and analyse use of the services, as well as to verify transactions, and advertising and retargeting cookies, which allow us to generate appropriate advertising directed to you on our website as well as on the App.
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us or our Privacy Officer by emailing email@example.com
If we cannot provide you with access, we will write to you and provide you with the reasons why we are unable to provide you with access.
If any personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, you may write to us or our Privacy Officer and request that we correct the information at the above address.
You have the right to request that we do not disclose your personal information (for example, for marketing purposes). You can exercise your rights by unchecking the relevant check boxes on our website and/or App and/or other mobile applications when you provide us with your personal information, or by writing to us at the above address.
Jurisdiction-specific provisions – Residents of the EEA and the United Kingdom
Through our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications, we provide services to users throughout the world. We are primarily bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the British Virgin Islands Privacy Principles and we will manage your personal information pursuant to these laws. In addition, as we process personal information of data subjects inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) we are also bound by Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The purpose of the following data protection information is to provide you with an understandable, transparent and concise explanation of how we intend to process your personal data in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR. However, should you require further explanations relating to our data protection or wish to exercise any of your rights, please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize the below rights which you enjoy under the applicable data protection law with respect to your personal data:
• Right of access: You may request information from us at any time as to whether we have stored your personal data and which personal data it has stored. We are required to provide this information to you free of charge.
• Right to rectification: If your personal data stored by us is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to demand at any time that we correct the information.
• Right to erasure: You have the right to demand that we erase your personal data if and to the extent that the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or if the data is processed on the basis of your consent and you have opted to revoke your consent. In such cases, we must cease processing your personal data and remove that data from our IT systems and databases.
• You do not have a right to erasure if:
• The data may not be deleted due to a statutory obligation or must be processed due to a statutory obligation.
• The processing of data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
• Right to object to processing: If your data is processed by us on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, you may object at any time to processing by us. You may assert any and all of the rights of data subjects described above against us by addressing your specific requests by contacting our Privacy Officer via email@example.com
• Right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority: Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes data protection law.
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or about the potential misuse of your personal information, please contact us at the above email address.We take all complaints very seriously. It is our policy to handle complaints in a timely, effective, fair and consistent manner. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
We take all complaints very seriously. It is our policy to handle complaints in a timely, effective, fair and consistent manner. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner.